AdamsCutTheCrap.com

AdamsCuttheCrap.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A look into why I was so overweight as a kid

Looking back at my childhood I realize that I was already at a disadvantage.  I was born with congenital heart disease and was not able to do much in the way of cardio work.  With that exercising was something I did not partake in any where near as much as I should have.  I can't blame all of that on my heart disease, for some of it was my own fault and not knowing any better.  My life contained computer, video games, and television.  On top of all of this?  My diet and the diet of my family was horrible.

Boxed dinners were the staple in my diet as a kid.  We would have mac and cheese, some sort of meat with canned veggies and boxed pasta or rice, or we would have the good ole hamburger helper.  These would almost be our dinners nightly.  The fruit we ate would too come from a can.  I don't remember too often having fresh vegetables or fruit.

Boxed dinners are simply unhealthy.  They are highly processed, highly loaded with tons of sodium, and have ingredients in them that I couldn't pronounce on my best day.  In my next blog I'm going to go deeper into the evils of boxed dinners, but for now I can only look back and see just why I was so overweight.  Hopefully this gives you a chance to think twice before buying that easy box dinner, if not just wait until my next blog.  For now, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment