AdamsCutTheCrap.com

AdamsCuttheCrap.com

Monday, April 25, 2011

I don't have time to exercise...

 
Finding the Time…
            I always had an excuse when it came to not exercising.  My number one reason for not doing it was that there just was no time to exercise.  I would go out with my friends, play video games, or watch TV.  For some reason that seemed to be the better alternative then exercising.  When I started to work again after my ICD was implanted, that only added to the reason of not wanting to exercise. 
 
            Eventually in 2008 Kate and I got memberships to a gym in order for us to go and get fit.  We started to use the facilities regularly and were getting trim and fit.  This was becoming routine for us to go about 3 to 4 times a week to work out and both of us were feeling good from our decision.  

            A few months later however, it was all stopped by one turtle shell (back brace). In March a car accident slowed down my progress and I regained all I had loss plus some extra.  I was back to making my excuses of I don't have time, I don't feel well enough, I just can't do it.  It took us having our 3rd child to realize that there is more to life than just breathing the air.  If I want to be there to watch my girls grow and watch them start families of their own, I needed to stop making those excuses.  

            I already have a setback in my life being born with my heart the way it is.  I finally realized one important thing in my life is my health.  I cannot be obese anymore and expect to be around for my kids.  I needed to cut the excuses I had when it came to exercise, so I created ways to use what time I have. 

           Sometimes I am really busy and there does not seem to be time to do any sort of exercise.  Instead of missing out, I compromise.  Whenever I go up the stairs I will stop towards the top and use the stairs to do 10-20 push ups.  When I go down the stairs I will stop on the stairs again and do dips to work on my triceps.  When I'm standing at work and not really doing too much I will do calf raises or squats.  I have decided I should not care what others think, I'm getting healthier.

            It is important to realize that we won't always have time to take 20 minutes out of our day and commit it to working out.  However we can find ways to incorporate workouts into our day.  Take time and look into your day and see just what you can do to exercise while you are busy.  It can be walking instead of driving, going up stairs instead of using an elevator, taking the long way, or even standing there and do some calf raises.  It is important to get exercise in, I try at least 6 times a week.  It is for my health.  It is for my kids and my wife.  Life is precious and I'm just now learning how to treasure and extend it.

2 comments:

  1. This is my workout.
    http://youtu.be/k9LEjEV2n1Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prospects are better for Vidhigra today if you're able to do this. It is the secret of this because at least you have your opinions. You might depend on that so all I need is determination.
    http://wellnesssupplement.com/vidhigra-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete