AdamsCutTheCrap.com

AdamsCuttheCrap.com

Friday, May 4, 2012

Lack of sleep can hurt exercise routine

While I was trying to exercise this morning I just could not get my body going.  I did not sleep well last night and I am trying to get use to have our new baby Daniel sleeping in our room.  I love being a father to my children and love taking on the responsibility of being a dad, don't get me wrong.  It was just a rough night.  So come this morning after I was able to get my warm ups in, that was too much and drained me of the energy I had.

Overcoming obstacles are always part of losing weight and keeping your body healthy, but I'm just glad that I was able to at least get my warm ups out of the way.  On top of that I have worked out pretty hard these past few days so I think my body can use a good rest.

The new workout that I have been doing in the morning is 100 crunches, a set of planks, pushups till I fatigue out and then hit the weights.  I'm hoping to add some cardio in the upcoming days as well.

It is difficult for me because I need a lot of sleep.  I wish I could be one of those who can run an entire day on just four hours of rest, but with my heart medication that I take, it's just not plausible.  I just hope to be able to get some sleep soon.  Then hopefully my exercise routine will be able to take off again.

1 comment:

  1. You have been running yourself ragged with taking care of the kids, house and job while Daniel and I were in the hospital the entire week. Your body needs to rest before you try to push it to do anything physical. Rest is just as important for your physical health as exercise is! So take it easy today and we will take turns on who gets to nap lol

    ReplyDelete