AdamsCutTheCrap.com

AdamsCuttheCrap.com

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Slipping sucks

 It happens...

     Last week Kate and I decided that we would go out on a date and enjoy some personal one on one time.  That morning I weighed myself in at 201.  This was going to be a great day, lost weight, get some alone time with my wife, what could go wrong? 

     We went out to a Thai restaurant and had some really good food.  I decided that hey, I was close to being under 200, I could go one day without worrying about what I am eating and just enjoy the day.  Not saying that you shouldn't do this, because it is important to once in a while enjoy yourself and take off the burden of measuring just about everything.  However, this has come back to bite me hard, I think I went overboard. 

     We had some really good food, and afterwords we went out bowling.  We had a great time and really enjoyed ourselves.  Of course I'm not going to tell you how bad I did bowling.  It's been almost two years since I had bowled haha.  Also I'm almost positive those lanes were smaller than most, but anyways. 

     I woke up that morning and stepped on the scale, 208.  I rubbed my eyes, made sure I was awake and then checked the scale to make sure no one had messed with any of the settings.  I sat the scale back down and tried again, and sure enough it was still 208.  That was back breaking.  How did I gain 7 pounds in just one day? 

     That day I decided what is the point and decided again to eat whatever I want without calculating it.  I did exercise however and was pleased when I didn't gain any more.  Quickly I put myself back into the right state of mind and started back on my long trek.  It is six days later and I'm back down to 204.  Just comes to show that there will always be bumps in the road, it's all about what you do when those bumps get in your way.  Sometimes it's hard, but remember why you started your diet.  I quickly remembered the importance of being healthy.  I realized I am going to slip, it's alright too, but don't let it drag me under.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem this weekend. I was losing weight because we were so busy with our lawn and I was finally into the 180's and was crazy excited...then we decided to go to IHOP and since then I've gained 4lbs 3 of them on that night alone. Slipping sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I am sorry, Sweetie. Interesting that I had to learn about this on your blog rather than you telling me in person though... ;)
    I will do better to help you stay on track. I haven't been a good influence lately due to my own struggles with losing the pregnancy weight (and the stress and baby blues making me want to just eat chocolate and ice cream all the time).
    I love you and will do much better to help you on your path than I have been the past couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete